that's jewish-vegan food, or what amy and i have been calling it recently. the term has become somewhat colloquial after the african israeli dining experience we had the other night. take a look at their history and story. uncertain of the validity, but damn fine vegan lasagna!

tonight, i whipped up some vegan latkes. they were out-and-out nasty greasy. don't know if i will replicate that experience. there are left-overs if anyone wants them.
as an aside, i woke up 2.5 hours before work start time today to take a longer bike ride. got a new wireless cycloputer yesterday as the one that i've had since '98 crapped out beyond repair. it had 11,284 miles on the odometer.
anyway, on the ride this morning i went by the preakness horse race track and saw a few jockeys and horses trotting around the track. i took a short detour and watched for a few minutes. the parking lot chain link fence boarders the oval track at a few spots, so i really had a front row view. their measured and forceful breath was something that i had never heard before. it kept time with the galloping down below. beautiful creatures.
3 comments:
my bwother is a fweak.
k now after actually reading the entry... one of my friends and i have been talking about how we've never been to the horse tracks and how we'd like to go. alas, i am too young (right, even if i didn't bet i still couldn't go in, yeah??? i wouldn't want to bet anyway. i just want to watch the horses)
also... dad wants some of the leftovers, i'm sure.
Once, I thought I'd get clever and stuff a filet of salmon with a mixture of fresh herbs, onion, garlic, and sour cream. I made several mistakes:
1) I used fat free sour cream (translate: lots of water)
2) I used too many varieties of herbs (translate: flavor sensation overload)
Top it off with a little fresh ground pepper, bake it, and viola! Dirt Salmon. Stuffed salmon that tasted much like how freshly tilled dirt smells. I can appreciate making the occasional culinary foible.
Post a Comment