Tuesday, June 20, 2006

hhhrrooccc, hello!

at what point do we say something to the neighbors about their parrot?

this inane bird has been excessively vocal the past few weeks, and last night the damn bird was squawking and helloing until after 11pm. at first it was a bit of a novelty, now it is becoming a bit of a menace.

the sultry weather may accentuate these feelings of unrest for this feathered foe indeed, but damn...

3 comments:

sami villwock said...

reminds me of the neighbor's here's dog, henry. barks all of the time when you go outside. even with a tarp up, he can still here you and goes crazy.
crazy barking doggies and crazy loud parrots, apparently.

The Villwock Land said...

funny--i thought the same thing about the henry dog---whatch gonna do??? i remember someone that we used to do some homemaker healthaide work for had a parrot and seems like they said that at night they'd put the bird to bed by putting a blanket/covering over where the bird stayed-the kitchen table--yep bird droppings everywhere on the table only--but the perch where birdie sat had an extension on it for the quiet time birdie had so all in the house could rest----want to suggest that the the neighbor???? do you remember that parrot--it seems like the people taught the bird your name-he called you spenser boy -where's spenserboy--he ate lots of sunflower seeds too-seems like the bird would say "birdie needs to know, who are you?" as he walked the perch----no i did not make that up--it's true---course the thorburg family has passed away now----they were the missionaries that went to india for like 5 to 7 yrs at a time-
there was a granddaughter that was in a grade behind or ahead of you--oh, well---talk to you soon--mama

Markoulatos said...

I have a friend who calls the police on their neighbors dogs. I, on the other hand, have sent my husband over to our neighbor's house at midnight before, to tell them that their dogs were keeping us up...and the baby (just for extra punch...she sleeps through everything). They shaped up after the one complaint. We have 2 dogs and I, as an owner, will not tolerate barking. I think parrot chatter is equivilent. It's not very neighborly on their part. If I were you, I'd tell them to check out your blog. Good luck!