you'll never guess what came in the mail today. my very own personalized return mail labels! just exactly what i needed to make my life complete.
now, the environmental side of me decides that the damage is done and if i denied the letter and scrawled "refused. return to sender" on the front of the envelope, the labels would wind up in a dust bin somewhere. so i open up the letter, write a note of disapproval and request for removal from their mailing list and pop it into their postage-paid envelope and put the return address labels with my omnipresent collection of little cheapy stickers which await my next letter.
my questions are thus: does anyone ever purchase their own return address mailing labels?
aren't these just the type of thing that one receives enough of in solicitation letters that they don't need to seek out a printing company for?
and what is the data that suggests that sending a mass of people little sticky labels generates donations?
if you were to line up all the return address labels in the world in a row, how far would they stretch? to the moon? to the sun? does anyone know?
4 comments:
i usually keep them but i never end up using them.
i think they are to display in your home... or something similar.
I have met many fancy men that not only purchase their own address lables, they have their own personalized note cards and stationary on nice linen paper for any occasion. And, I just catered a party at the Wiederhorn's (Andy just got out of a year in white-collar jail). They print their own matchbooks and paper towels to wipe your hands in the bathroom with the name of their home, "The Ivy." Fo real.
I was once in a HC band called "4-Real". I think we could have acquired greater acclaim, if we had named ourselves "Fo real" instead.
I discard the labels I'm spammed with, but the idea of custom-made labels (and stationary) appeals to me. It's a kind of attention to detail that screams "observe my ability to get it done". I like that.
hmmm... i could just give in to the weed and follow the lead... 'the kudzu' has a nice ring for the 2222 abode. then i'd be a fancy man.
Post a Comment